Comedian Lee Camp will be taking the stage at the Altamont Theater tonight at 8:00 p.m. Tickets are $10 and can be purchased here.
- “This up-and-coming US star is already developing a reputation for fearless political comedy, with some calling him an heir to the crown of the late, great George Carlin. ….He gets our seal of approval.” –Time Out Sydney
- “Gets the crowd roaring!” –Rolling Stone
- “Lee Camp is an amazing writer and a great political thinker. He’s the change you and I want to see.” –Janeane Garofalo
- “For those comedy fans still in mourning for Bill Hicks 18 years on, you’ll find plenty to enjoy in the work of DC-born stand-up Lee Camp. Like Hicks, Camp has a visceral disregard for big business and big politics, and speaks his mind on everything from abortion rights to the evils of the modern media. However, where Hicks was more of a commentator who stayed above the fray, Camp is much closer to British activist-comics like Mark Thomas, a real-life serial protester.” –The Guardian
- “Like Jon Stewart from the Daily Show but with sharper teeth.” –the Herald
Here is a clip of Camp performing:
For more Asheville stand up comedy check out our Asheville Comedy Calendar!